It was a shock in church one day when I realized that the enemy was influencing my thoughts. This is biblical (Ephesians 6:10-12), and as The Rock goes through its series on being prepared here is my strategy to stand up against the devil each day.
1. Armor of God – The first step is to put on the armor of God as Paul suggests in Ephesians. Something like “God, please fit me with the helmet of salvation.” and think about what it means; you will feel it go on. Then go on to the breastplate of righteousness, and so on. After saying it morning after morning you will memorize it!
2. Alignment – The second step is to align yourself with the Holy Spirit. This is really important to make sure your spirit is not submitting to a spirit of the enemy (like infirmity, fear, etc). Here is the alignment prayer:
Body submit to my soul. Soul submit to my spirit. Spirit submit to no other spirit except the Holy Spirit of the living God. I choose to be a person that walks in the Spirit, and is covered in the blood of Jesus Christ.
3. Warfare – rebuke every contract, plan, agenda and deception against you and your home in Jesus name. Ask the Lord to cleanse the air in your home and fill it will his love and peace. I like to explicitly fill every recess and corner.
4. Praise & Worship – Praise and worship is a natural defense against the enemy (Psalm 8:2). Praise God for what he is doing in your life and for what he has done. Proclaim his victory over your life in Christ Jesus.
5. Daily prayers – lastly move on to your daily prayers.
I know this might seem like a lot, but the difference in your day will be huge if you prepare for it. My prayer is that you would receive all that God has for you today!